Tuesday, June 16, 2009

VBS is Off and Running !

What a great start to our VBS week! We had 14 kids last night, 2 of which were visiting children. The teens did a fantastic job getting everyone excited, and then keeping them organized. Each night we will have the opening time, then crafts, then games, then Bible Time, and lastly store/snack time. The skit was a BIG hit and we look forward to seeing Justin, Dewey, Willie, and Dusty again tonight. Yeehaw!
Our mornings start with a Bible study on the true purpose of a Mission Trip, followed by canvasing of the neighborhoods closest to the church. The heat is awful so we'd love your prayers for what we are fondly calling "cloud cover."
One moment of great encouragement for me this week was the special music on Sunday. Pastor Matt and one of the church members sang a song I had not heard before, "O Great God"...the words brought back to mind how undeserving I am of God's mercy and therefore, how precious it is to be part of a team sharing that message of love and redemption with others.

"O Great God"
O great God of highest heaven
Occupy my lowly heart
Own it all and reign supreme
Conquer every rebel power
Let no vice or sin remain
That resists Your holy war
You have loved and purchased me
Make me Yours forevermore

I was blinded by my sin
Had no ears to hear Your voice
Did not know Your love within
Had no taste for heaven's joys
Then Your Spirit gave me life
Opened up Your Word to me
Through the gospel of Your Son
Gave me endless hope and peace

Help me now to live a life
That's dependent on Your grace
Keep my heart and guard my soul
From the evils that I face
You are worthy to be praised
With my every thought and deed
O great God of highest heaven
Glorify Your name through me

Thank you for your prayers! ~CiCi

No comments:

Post a Comment